Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chico Mini-Vacay; the first edition

A week ago, Miles & I headed up to my parents house in Chico along with my cousin Christina & her Lily & Luke for a mini vacay. It was such a grest 3 days, hanging around the house, playing in the pool, going to the park & just CHILL'N! Miles & I don't do that a lot at home! My Mom made my grandma's homemade spaghetti & that seemed to kick my pregnancy appetite into high gear - no joke, I have been an eating machine ever since eating that spaghetti!
We spent at least 3 hours each day in the pool which was awesome & each day Miles got braver & braver in the water. He pretty much hated the pool on day one, but by day 3 he had decided the steps were the place to be & jumping off of them was super fun.

Lily & Miles got along so well and had a blast playing together. There was some hair pulling & toy stealing incidents, but for the most part they just loved each other! It made me so happy to see them getting along so well too since Miles & the new baby will be almost exactly as far apart as Lily & Miles are. So, with any luck, they will be great playmates sooner than I had ever anticipated! I did have some red flags raised about having an infant again, though, as I saw Miles interact with baby Luke. If I was holding baby Luke, Miles was whining at my legs & if baby Luke was laying on his play mat, Miles wanted to lay on the play mat, even if that meant bull dozing baby! And, my favorite - Miles tried to feed Luke a pretzel! Good thing we noticed & got it out of his mouth asap!

With grandma the baby sitter on hand (thanks mom!), I got a girls night out with Jamie so we could celebrate her birthday. It was such a great night, just going to dinner & then watching a chick flick. It reminded how much I love & miss my Jamie Jaims!

All in all, it was the perfect mini-free!-vacation for Miles & I. We only wish daddy could have come too. Stupid job (...that we are very thankful for!). We go up for another mini-chico-vacay on Sunday, this time to be joined by Auntie Carol, Lulu, Christina & the kids. Then it's off to Tahoe with the rest of the whole fam damily. We are so excited! (well, Miles doesn't know it yet, but he is!)

Happy with Lily on Grandpa's chair

Such good buddies!

The happiest, most adaptable baby I have ever met - little Luke!

Mmmm, popsicles by the pool. Could life be better?

Auntie CHristina & Luke looking extra cool

Why are babies in sunglasses so funny?

Lilers

My 16 week preggo belly

Mommy & her baby boy

The mommies & their boys

My little girl in a swim tutu

Uncle Billy's workout ;)

Nice height!

Love

Our new gardener healing our lawn































2 comments:

Caley said...

cute hil! how are you feeling?? any word on the sex yet? are you guys going to find out?

Monty said...

Hills, you look great! Thanks for updating your blog. I love reading about whats going on with you and the fam. Miss talking with you. Hope we can catch up after your family vaca!