Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Picture Update

Since I am the worst blogger out in cyberspace (any of you still checking in? - thanks if you are!) I am going to skip a lengthy written update about Miles's first b-day party (since it was a month ago!) & just provide some pics. I feel so bad just passing over the whole thing, even though it is old news (He's 13 months now - so over the one year thing). We had a great time bbqing with family & close friends at our house. I can't thank everyone enough for coming - I know it was a trek for most! You made the day for Miles ( & Mike & I), though! I wish I would have gotten more pics, but I was trying to be all hostess-y. Not a pro at that quite yet (totally forgot the hamburger condiments & only realized once I became mystified by the fact that everyone was eating hot dogs only!). Anyway, next time I will definately remember to assign someone other than Mike or I to photography!

We also had a wonderful & much needed visit with Nick, Nicole & the kids. I have missed them SO much & it really filled a void to have them here. We ended up just kick'n it & going with the flow (so much easier with kids!). We chilled at the park, went to Old Sac, ate yummy food & played a lot. It was all good...
So now that I've gotten Miles's birthday filed away in blog world, I can start blogging about current stuff! So much changes in a month with a little one - it's already like Miles is a whole new person! I'll leave you on the edge of your seats with that one (haha!). I'll do my best to post in the next week & be better about keeping in touch with you all! xxxx


I tried 10 times to get this pic - my kid hates hats! Thanks Geoffry for this one :)


"Mmmmm that is yummy cake mama!"

Birthday Suit - love that squooshy tooshy!

The Chavis Cousins; chocolate & vanilla swirl!

I found the real rainbow chip frosting! Lindsay & Ambra would be proud & I was so stoked! Too bad Crate & Barrell jipped me on all the pieces to my cupcake tower! A twig seemed to add a festive touch to make up for the missing hardware.

Ambie Lou Laney & her "budgy" man Mason

The living doll that is Kenzie McMackin

The birthday boy & his best buddy

Miles & Grandpa

On the hunt for lady bugs...

The Chief & his Chieftess (?) of the San Clemente Chavis Tribe

Me & my bro-ski

Why is everyone staring at me? Do I have something on my face?

Darien's masterpiece


What a stud!

I love my presents...

thank you so much!!!

Two little indians: Morgan & Mason

Daddy & Miles during our day in Old Sac Town. This is Miles favorite spot!

Nicole & Miss Milan


Ice cream was a great way to end a hot day!

See how happy ice cream makes us!








































































































































1 comment:

Mama Dubs said...

Hil I still can not believe how fast our babies are growing! Miles is too cute, it is bittersweet reading your blog and not seeing you anymore :( And yes- I still read your blog (thanks for the frosting shout-out, I am super proud of you lol) And holy moly Milan is huge too! Miss you lots hope you visit us down here soon! xoxo