Thursday, June 4, 2009

May

Some Pics of May to catch myself up on this blog for really reals! We had a GREAT month, although I only can remember some of the month now since my camera battery died & I was lazy about getting a new one for the first half of it!

We had a great little Chico reunion BBQ at the Gutterman's over memorial day weekend. It's so awesome that all our kids are the same ages, it's even more awesome that Bre & Michael have a pool they can all swim in! Hopefully I will be posting more pics of us chill'n at the Gutterman's this summer. We had such an awesome night!

The ultimate "Mom" picture of Bre. Don't you all have a picture of your mom in the kitchen like this? Can you believe we are the mom in the pic now? What happened?



New mom, Auntie Sara, with Alex & baby Michael Cook III

A great shot of the Dad's posing with their boys: Michael & Max Gutterman, Michael & Miles Chavis, Michael Cook II & III, and Brian & Mason Laney

A rare shot of me with Miles. It's funny how I am the one who is with him 24 hrs/day but I have the least pictures with the little monkey!

Miles first tubby with the girls - what a ladies man!



Alex & Abby-gails

My friend Iman's twins turned 1 this month & we had a great time at their party! Happy Birthday Adam & Miriam ;)

Iman with the twins in the classic "lugging" pose!

At the party, we discovered that Miles is not too fond of bounce houses. He preferred to be held & bounced than to bounce by himself. It's really too bad because I am learning that bounce houses are the cool thing around these parts!

Even though the bounce house was a bust, the barbie jeep was a huge hit! We definately know what our little man wants for Christmas - we just hope he doesn't want it in pink!
We went to our first Giants game this month too! It was Miles's first baseball game & Mike & I decided it will be his last for the next, oh, 3 years or so! We had a great time being at the stadium on the water - love AT&T park -, eating garlic fries & visiting with Amy, Alberto, Johnny & Josh, but we didn't have so much fun watching the game. And, thats because we didn't get to! We gave it a shot, but lesson learned: 13 month olds & crowded baseball stadiums don't mix. Next time, well get a sitter!


The Chavis's all decked out in Giants gear - I can just hear the boos from all our SoCal Angel fan friends! We haven't ditched the Angels, but we have to have a local team to cheer for!


Amy, Me, Johnny & our little Giant!



Da' Boyz: Alberto, Josh & Mikey

This month also happened to be the little Maser Facer's birthday. Happy 1st Birthday Mase! Amber & Brian did a great job with the party & all the kids had so much fun! I had to take Miles home for an afternoon nap, but we returned later to chill & party into the night. It was an awesome day for adults & kiddies alike! Mason definately looked like he enjoyed his special day! Hard to believe he & Miles are only a month apart since Miles is practically 2x Mason's size!

The party set-up: bounce house & water slide bounce thingy. The water slide was a HUGE hit & you couldn't drag the kids off it! The adults got to have their fun after the official party ended! So awesome!

Little Mase on a total sugar high!

An action shot of Miles & his Amber
My favorite event of the month was my baptism! It was such a beautiful day & occasion through Bridgeway Church at Folsom Lake. The experience was so emotional & fulfilling that I wish I could get baptized every week! Next year we will definately go to celebrate others who choose to give their lives to christ.



Coming out of the water a new person ;)

The crowd at the beach & a snap shot of my favorite memory of the day - Miles, Mike & I singing praise & dancing with the band of guitarists & bongo drummers after I came out of the water.


Finally, Miles & I have been spending lots of time in our backyard. We got him a little water play station, a baby pool & some other outdoor toys to enjoy. But, of course, all he wants to do is help mommy garden & play with my tools! I have slowly been working away at pulling up this tiny patch of onions that the previous owners unsuccessfully planted. I say slowly because my little helper is just so helpful that it's hard to get too much done at a time!



Gotta love him, though!




























1 comment:

Monty said...

Pictures are cute! Congrats on the baptism, I didn't realize you were getting dunked in a lake! I thought baptism, water on your head!