Monday, June 29, 2009

BIG news!

So, it's time for Miles to officially announce that he is going to be a BIG brother! Mike & I are so excited to be adding another little indian to our tribe & a little shocked that we became pregnant so fast after deciding that we were ready for "thing 2". It took a looong time for us to actually believe that we were adding another sweet face to our home, but now that we are 13 weeks along & my belly is starting to paunch, the reality is setting in!

So, baby #2, or as Mike has been calling it, Chinsu (?) - it's Mike, remember?- is due to arrive January 4, 2010. I have a feeling that Chinsu will come early like Miles did, & I am just praying that it's not Christmas day. Praying. After would be cool. My first trimester went really well & aside from some early nausea, my biggest complaint was fatigue. Oh, & total bitchiness. Sorry, honey. And, although the fatigue has lessened, the bitchiness continues in it's same extreme severity. Worse this time even than with Miles. I feel uglier than ever this time around too, which motivated my impulsive decision to chop all my hair off to my chin a couple weeks ago. I really would like to chop my entire wardrobe & home decor too, but I know it's just hormones & these feelings will pass. Luckily, I like the hair. I have been eating lots of mexican food & candy & spicy Louisiana hot links. But, luckily, I haven't gained a full pound yet! I say this excitedly because with Miles I had gained 9 by 13 weeks! 9! Hopefully this will be a good sign for the size of my a** over the next 9 months. I am trying to analyze everything I feel in an effort to predict the gender of our baby, but so far, I don't have a clue. I was leaning toward girl because of the ugliness that came over me, but now I think boy. We already have a boy, so I am just assuming it must be another.

I am pretty excited because, of the friends I have made so far in Lincoln, 4 have recently anounced they are pregnant & due within weeks of our baby! It is so fun to be pregnant with friends! I had lots of preggies to chat with in the OC during my preg with Miles, so I am happy to have the same with new friends here. Especially Marissa & Shannon. I am so happy to be going through this with Marissa again because we both view our prgnancies as some kind of science experiment & we can literally talk everyday for hours about it. Although, since she is having twins (!) she is in a whole other league of experimentation! And with Shann, I am just so excited for her & Jared being 1st timers, that it makes me more excited for us! I just wish we didn't live half a state apart now :(

We find out the babies gender August 11, so we'll keep you posted! In the meantime, any bets? Wish I had an ultrasound pic to help you with your guess, but the lovely Nurse practitioner wouldn't give me a 12 week u-sound no matter how much I whined & begged & made up really good medical reasons for why I should get one. Grrrr.

So, that's the BIG news ;)

5 comments:

Sara Parr said...

Congratulations! I had a hunch...happy that it's confirmed! And I didn't know about Shannon either - give her my congrats too! I'm guessing boy!

Caley said...

congrats!! how exciting! I had no idea- what news!!

Coldani Family said...

Congratulations!! So fun! Now keep up on the posting!!! :)

The Bradys said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! so excited for u guys! cant wait to hear what it is!! and if u think its a boy it probably is... mothers intuition! lol keep us posted!!!

o and I LOVE the hair.. it looks so cute!!!

Unknown said...

I had no idea!!! Congratulations! I guess Mike has a sober driver for our wedding ;) Can't wait to see you guys!