Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Internet, Finally!

Sooo, we finally got our internet connected! Woo-hoo! It has been forever since I have gotten to post & there has been so much going on to post about ;) Because I am so exhausted from all the stuff that has been going on, this posting will be brief (& without pictures, because I am too pooped to download any - tomorrow possibly?).

A little over a week ago we moved into our new home (yay!) with the help of my bro & the Laney family. Moving sucks but as moves go, this went really well considering all the great help we had. Amber was the mover of the day & went above & beyond when she strapped little Mason to her back monkey style & hauled boxes up & down our stairs like a pro. Even 2 year old Abby helped out with the little stuff ("Hillary heres a mat you lay on in the sun! It's from Mike"). We ended an exhausting day with some grub from our new favorite pizza place in town (the name ? I forget! Mike orders it.) The next day we had breakfast at the Laney home & then went to a Christmas tree farm to try to cut down our own tree. That was unsuccessful because there were no trees! It was a cool place to check out, though, & it really solidified for Mike & I that we weren't in Kansas any more (Kansas being the OC; it was freezing at that tree farm!).

Since we moved in, we have been busy little bees, unpacking & staying up late while our favorite night owl handy man Brian Laney assists us in doing the things we are clueless about (re-lighting a water heater pilot, installing a ceiling fan, hooking up a washer/dryer, etc.) Honestly, we would be in bad shape if it weren't for the Laney's & I can't say enough how grateful I am for their friendship, kindness & help. I just LOVE that they are our neighbors! We had a hectic week of unpacking, grocery shopping, laundry, ugh...I am tired thinking about it all!

The best part of our first week, though, was that Mike surprised me with our first Christmas tree for Miles's first Christmas in our first house! I finally finished decorating it a week after he brought it home & I am happy every time I see it. I love my husband. He does the most thoughtful things sometimes. I guess I'll keep him ;)

Our first non-moving weekend was packed with visitors. We hosted our first "dinner" on Friday night. We don't have a kitchen table (Mike gave ours to the Goodwill in Lake Forest, but that's another story that I will not share because it will make me very mad & make me want to not keep my husband) so we sat on boxes at our ghetto card table. It worked, though. It felt great to cook in our new kitchen & each time I do the house feels more & more like our "home". Jamie Rose was our first house guest on Saturday night & Mike hung with Brian while we had a girl's night in the new pad. Ambie cooked a killer Italian dinner (Chicken Kalamata, mmm) & we drank lots of yummy wine & chatted until we lost our voices. Jamie couldn't get a word in because Amber & I couldn't shut-up since we were free of babies & mommy-stuff! It was long overdue time together & I hope we get the chance to have nights like that often now that we are all close by each other again. Sunday morning was breakfast at the Laney's & a visit from miss Breanne Gutterman (formerly Anderson) & her new little guy, Max (3.5 months). It was so good to see her & the babe, and crazy to see how much our lives have changed in just over 2 years. We are a long way from nights at The Bear! Sunday night Kyle Ray & his fiance Lindsay came by for a visit. It was so good to see the RZA & finally meet the lady that won his heart. I really hope that we get to see lots of them - Lindsay is awesome & Kyle is a lucky man (but I can see he knows that!).

This week, I am so tired that I am just kicking back a bit more. I went kind of crazy with unpacking because I am type-A like that, but now, I think I can hide the boxes that are left in unused rooms & let myself rest a bit. It is crazy cold here (Mike has to defrost his windshield in the morning & I wrapped our pipes last night so they wouldn't freeze!) & the chilly weather puts me in hibernation mode. I took two naps with Miles today! So lovely.

BTW, Miles is doing GREAT! He loves his new home & is as happy as ever. There are lots of older people in Lincoln & they can't get enought of the little guy when we are out running errands. He just hams it up for them too. So cute! He has 3 cute new teeth & now has 5 total! I can't believe it! His new top chompers are a funny but adorable addition to his big smile. He & I are totally in love right now, so my next post will proably be all about my boy.

I wrote more than I thought! This blogging is addictive! Hope everyone is have a happy holiday season! So happy to have my internet back so I can connect with you all again ;)

4 comments:

Caley said...

glad your back on the net, I was starting to miss you guys!! also btw, its freezing in "Kansas" too!!! FREEZING!!!! Probably colder up there... but dont worry us OC peeps have been pretty chilled too lately! xoxo

Unknown said...

This is my first blog comment, but just wanted to say it was awesome getting to meet you & Miles & check out your new casa! I look forward to many more get togethers!!! Hopefully you can make it over to our side of town on Tuesday night!!!! Oh and maybe next time we hang you can show me how to "blog" so I can actually update our page :)

kp said...

hey now....no baggin on Kansas! Glad you enjoying the new place, boxes and all. Hope the Chavis family has a wonderful Christmas.

Monty said...

I miss you! I'm so glad to hear everything is working out so wonderful for you guys. It makes me jealous to think about your home! But I'm happy for the both of you. Talk to you soon!