Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It was two weeks ago now that I had my big 2-9. I know, I am a bad blogger. But, thats no surprise by now, right? Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday, despite the fact that I turned 29. As Amber put it, 29 is almost worse than 30; It's the final countdown to 30 - the waiting year. Ugh. I feel old. Change the subject, shall we?

So, my birthday was great because I got lots of birthday wishes from all my friends & family. I am always surprised at how many people remember my birthday (thank you facebook!) and it makes me feel so special on my birthday when my friends/family send a text, give me a call, send a card or shoot me an email just to wish me a happy day & let me know they are thinking of me. It really reminds me of how important it is for me to remember my loved ones birthdays so I can make them feel special on their birthdays as well. I used to be GREAT at remembering birthdays (almost as good as Caley & Jamie!), but since having Miles, I just stink at it. No excuse. Maybe living in a "ground hog day" existense just kind of lends itself to forgetfullness as your brain just slowly shuts down. Anyway, I resolve to be much better about remembering birthdays! I want all of you to feel as special as I did because you remembered me!

Amber Laney cooked me an amazing fish dinner for my day. She even went above & beyond & cooked my fish-loathing husband a burger. She baked me a delicious box cake (cakes from scratch don't compare - try baking one & you'll see!) with sprinkles! We had wine, got a little silly & took an evening nature walk with the kids & the nats. It was a great night! Oh! And, I got this candle that I couldn't bear to pay $20 for but was obsessed with at Bed, Bath & Beyond. We decided it smells like a well cologned man at the end of the day/night. Yummmm. It's called "firewood" & is by Henri Mendel (?). Instant turn-on.

1 comment:

Caley said...

so glad you had a good birthday!