Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sharing the New with the Old

Sorry I never posted this last week!
This past weekend we had our first OC visitors, Shannon "Shannigans" Ritter & Amy "Monty" Martinez. I was so excited to have the two of them come to Lincoln because I have really missed them both since the move. They got in late Friday night after being stuck with the flight mate from hell (haha, sorry girls!) & we capped off the night with some citrus vodka & tonics (not gin & tonics - note to Alberto).

The next day got off to a rough start since my little baby woke up with spit up all over his crib & diarrhea (yuck, sorry). I had got experimental & gave him spaghetti the day before & feared that had done him in, but it turned out (read below!) that bubba got his first little flu bug. I was so sad for him & a bit worried - MIZ has never been sick before. He seemed in good spirits after a bath, though, & we didn't have anymore yucky episodes (that is until Sunday at lunch when he projectile vomitted exorcist style!). After making breakfast together (& hanging a window curtain - thanks girls!) we went & toured model homes. Now some of you might think that this is a really lame thing to do, but we really like doing this type of thing. Plus, I am actively recruiting Amy & Alberto to move to Lincoln - hehehe. It's outrageous what you can get for your money here compared to OC! But, yes, I know things are so expensive there because the OC is awesome, beaches, yadayadayada ;)After coming home & getting ourselves gussied up we went out to Mikuni's in Roseville & had the best sushi & sake I have ever had. Amy even took a Sake bomb (a baby one, but hey, still counts!)! It was such a great evening out with the girls filled with goofy moments & buzzed girl chatter. We closed down the restaurant! It was awesome. I wish Shann & Aim lived closer for more frequent nights like that one!

Saturday night brought on the most wicked flu I have ever seen Mike get in my life. He spent the whole night hugging the bowl & I felt so bad that there was nothing I could do for him. He woke up on Sunday looking like death & unable to hold down sips of water. It was another rainy day (boo) & we had Miles with us so Mike could rest in a peaceful house. We went shopping at the Galleria & had lunch at Plutos. It was nice to be able to be with old friends in a new place & see that the distance hasn't changed things (only frequency of get togethers!).
Miles was so cute when he first saw the girls too & has started doing this thing where he rests his head on my chest when he meets people he doesn't see on a weekly basis. I just love it! He warmed up to the ladies fast & was over mama in no time! It was nice to have some extra arms to share the almost 22 lb. load I carry around daily!!

Here are some pics from the weekend ( a few of Miles from earlier in Jan)...

Bonding with Shanny

I love Shanny & Amy!

Amy, Shannon & Milesy

Girls Night Out

My side of the table

Sushi soup - I can't think of the name of it, but it looks like the girls think it's yummy!

Chill'n on the porch with Daddy

A new way to enjoy the exersaucer

Teething bisquits - mmmm

Hi Everybody!

































No comments: