Friday, November 7, 2008

Come Home to Mama!

So today started out good. I felt like I took all week to recover from the festivities in San Diego this past weekend, & today I woke up refreshed at 7:30 to lots of sunshine & big smiles from the monkey. All was good until about 9:00 when Miles puked on my neck, in my hair & all down my shirt. He proceeded to whine while I cleaned myself up, but a container of dental floss turned out to be the perfect distraction to whatever was bothering him. After the mess, I tried to do some chores while Miles sat in his high chair & threw every toy onto the floor within 10 seconds of me giving it to him. He has discovered how to play fetch with Mommy & it is his new favorite game. Then he became really upset & not even the deep squat bounce could calm him down. Eventually he fell alseep, ahhh. And I rewarded myslef with my first snack size kit-kat of the day. The nap lasted like 15 minutes. After he played & ate again he enjoyed sitting in his highchair, where he produced a new form of yuck that can only be attributed to the introduction of carrots yesterday. The little dude was still tired & kept rubbing his eyes, so down he went for nap #2. He has been napping peacefully now for over an hour. I finally got to take a shower & shaved my legs for the first time since Saturday. Really looking in the mirror, I was horrified by the "mommy-ness" that had gotten the better of me lately (hair unwashed for 3 days, overgrown eyebrows, chipped nail polish - you get the idea). I decided that I needed a major overhaul. I busted out the tweezer & plucked away while I called the receptionist at Dimensions Hair Salon & begged her to get me in asap. I have an appointment at 4:30 - so stoked. Perfect timing for me to get myself together too because Mike comes "home" tonight after a long week away at work in Sacramento - maybe there is a date night in our future! I am so happy it is the weekend because I have missed my love all week...OK, time for another kit-kat ;)

1 comment:

Mama Dubs said...

Yay I love it! So happy that you are a blogger now! We miss you guys already <3