Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Pictures

This weekend was the first in a long time where the Chavis family didn't have travel plans or visitors. Of course, a weekend without anything planned, never stays that way for long & I thought it would be the perfect time to get some family pictures taken. I had originally wanted to have them done through a swanky Chico photographer who takes gorgeous pictures of children, but our post-house-buying budget just didn't allow for the swanky prices. So, off to Sears we went! And, surprisingly, the photos turned out really great! I wish I had some to post on the blog so you all could see, but sadly I don't. (And, if you couldn't already tell by the amount of bells & whistles on my blog, I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to get the pictures on here from the Sears website). Miles loved playing peek-a-boo with the photographer's assistant & we got some great smiley shots as a result. The first pics of the session were of him in his santa suit & hat. He looked absolutely precious (& hilarious!) but we couldn't get a great shot because he was so enamoured with the garland props & sleigh reigns! He is such a funny baby & I have to smile just thinking of his little photo shoot. Once I get the pics come December, I will do my best to get them on this blog somehow...

We also cruised around Chico as a threesome a lot this weekend, which was a lot of fun. We spent some time in Barnes & Noble where Miles decided to host "Spit-Up Palooza 2008". Ugh, Mike & I are human burp cloths somedays. It is not fun having a spit up prone babe. I feel so bad for Miles, but he really doesn't seem to mind it. He will be laughing & then just release the yuck without being phased. We also spent some time playing outside in the warm November weather we are having here in Chico & that was my favorite part of the weekend by far. We layed out a blanket & just let Miles rip at the grass & play while Mike & I enjoyed the warm sun on our backs.


Chico also had it's annual Downtown Christmas preview last night. I hadn't been in years & I likely won't be going back for that long! I hate to have to say that, but it was so crowded that it was not even fun. I pictured an evening strolling in & out of the cute down town shops while sipping hot cocao & smiling at people who were admiring Miles in his little Santa pajamas & hat. Instead, we went into one store that was packed with people, found a sneaky way to get out asap after standing in one place for 10 minutes, & went home hot cocao-less. I didn't even hear one christmas carol either! Bah-humbug. I did get to visit a bit with the Weiss family at the preview, so that was definately a plus for the night. Otherwise, thumbs down Chico. Sorry to have to say it. Lots of room for improvement next year ;)


I hate to end on such a negative note, so...I will just say today has been a fabulous day. Happy Thanksgiving week all!

1 comment:

Coldani Family said...

Sounds like a nice weekend but you do need to get better at the photos! ;) Go to the website and click on one and do a save as, save it to your desktop then upload it to the post. See if that works!

Have a great Thanksgiving!