Monday, November 10, 2008

Nap Training - Again :(

Welcome to a new week! I tried to update the blog over the weekend using my new wireless internet connection that I was so proud to have instaled all by myself, but after typing an entire entry, my connection was lost & it took all my typing with it. So aggravating. Another lesson in why the "save" button exists.

It was a beautiful Fall weekend in Chico. We filled the days with cooking that warmed the house with smells of roast pheasant, stuffing & chocolate chip cookies, and a gorgeous walk through Bidwell Park where the leaves are changing the most amazing colors & the slightest breeze brings them raining down on you like snowflakes. I got to watch the online service at Compass Bible Church from the previous week (compassbiblechurch.org) which served as a much needed reminder of what my priorities should be; that had gotten away from a bit in all the hustle & bustle of the last few weeks. My plan is to watch Sunday's service today & begin my bible study. How awesome is technology! Mike & I didn't get our date night on Friday because we were too tired to stay up past 9:30, but we caught a movie in the "casita" together on Saturday & it was wonderful to have just a little time with only us to snuggle & chill. Aside from all this lovely stuff that filled up our 2 days, we busted out some chores, made another offer on a house & got serious about how we could cut out uneccesary expenses so that we could make our house a home once we finally get an offer accepted!

Today, Chico is gloomy & I feel I little that way myself because I realized that Miles has gotten his routine totally messed up since our move & I need to get things back on track for his well-being & mine. This means, enduring a bit of crying, which I hate but it is very effective. He was doing so great with naps, that he would just zone out for a minute within a certain window of time & I would whisk him off to his crib, give him a kiss & off to sleepy-sleepies he would go without a peep of protest. Now, though, he has gotten used to being held & cuddled until he is just asleep (help from grandparents is wonderful & difficult all at the same time...) so he doesn't like it when he has to do the soothing work himself now. I really wouldn't mind rocking him to sleep for 10 minutes or so, but he HATES to sit & rock (which means he likes to be held while I stand & bounce him) & he weighs close to 20 lb.s! He is really stubborn too, so I know I am in for a battle of wills over the next couple days & Mommy's will usually gives in first. I always talk myself out of letting him cry it out, thinking, "maybe his diapers wet" or "he's teething & in pain - this is just cruel". I can't really worry about until Wednesday, though, because tomorrow Grandma Kisses is with him all day while I head to Lincoln to look at more houses. I don't need to tell you about Grandma Kisses ability to listen to her only grandson cry - not gonna happen.

Oh, & I should mention, that going to the salon was a perfect cure for my case of the "mommies" last Friday. It was a totally relaxing & enjoyable experience until the 3rd hour when my stomach began to ingest itself & I got the shakes. I always forget to bring snack to these marathon hair appointments! Despite the massive shedding that I have been experiencing, I still have a plethora of hair that takes forever to foil, blow dry & cut. My hair is dark again & I dig it. I have a little momminess going on this morning, but I had to wake up 1 hour early because Miles woke up 1 hour earlier. It was a good thing because he got to see Daddy off to work, but bad because I was banking on that sleep. Coffee is a blessing on these days!

Hope you all get your week off to a good start!

2 comments:

The Bradys said...

ewwww so not fun... doesnt it suck when u have to retrain them on anything! hope he gets back to normal soon for you!

The Bradys said...

funy... i just relaized how much i made our kids sound like animals haha so sad